Blog numero seis


Hello blog readers!

Spring has sprung and it’s till coldish in New Orleans (quite the anomaly at a low 50F)!

Besides the strange temperature, it’s been a good semester and I’m thankful for the knowledge I’ve gained in classes and the advice outside. But this isn’t my last post, so I’m not going to get sappy yet.

When it comes to schoolwork, there’s a couple of assignments, two exams and one presentation left. Now that we’ve gone through all the material and testing for Principles and Medical Pharmacology, the focus is on the electives such as Endocrine Pharmacology, Neuropharmacology, Advances in Pharmacology and Cellular Control Mechanisms. I look forward to learning about how someone’s personality influences their stress levels and even likelihood of getting diseases. I have a presentation coming up where the research article talks about drug repurposing (using an antidiabetic for polycystic ovary syndrome, since PCOS pregnancies are linked to increased incidences of gestational diabetes and hypertension).

When it comes to volunteering, I’m signed up for about 22 hours within a span of 10 days next month (mostly at the French Quarter Festival, and with the Second Harvest Food Bank).

Best wishes,
your friendly blogger,
Anushka

Hours this month: 0
Total semester hours: 0

(Fun fact: I attended a cardiology seminar and one of the questions was related to our coursework, felt like the pat on the back that I needed!)



Comments

Popular Posts