Blog numero cinco

Hey readers!

It's the end of February and we are officially done with Principles, there's one exam left for medical Pharmacology and a couple left for Cellular Control Mechanisms.

Psychiatry was our last block and we covered topics such as antipsychotics, antidepressants, Schizophrenia and Toxidromes.

As the program is coming to an end, or starting to wind down, I'm thinking about the next steps and there's a lot to wrap my head around. First of all, when should I give the MCAT, what kind of jobs should I apply to, which professors should I approach to ask for letters of recommendation, etc. Being an international student, and ethnically Indian, I understand that I've got to break the mold of a protected kid from a middle class family. I'm making a list of the medical schools that I'll be applying to and trying to get an idea of their individual mission statements. It's quite a process!

I didn't volunteer this month, I'll probably make use of the Mardi Gras break by catching up on some hours and studying for the NBME exam! For one, I'll be volunteering with the BUKU festival which should be exciting!

Till next time!

Your friendly blogger,
Anushka

Total hours this semester: 0
Hours this month: 0

Comments

Popular Posts