Blog numero dos


Service hours this month: 6

Total service hours this semester: 6


Hello blog readers!

It’s the end of October, which means that I’ve been in the program for 9 weeks! It’s Halloween today and Thanksgiving is in a few weeks. Where did all the time go? Seriously.

We’ve covered three blocks, starting with an introduction, moving onto antimicrobials, and the last block was on ANS physiology. Right now, we’re in the middle of our cardiovascular/ renal block and there are so many classes of drugs, which is exciting and scary at the same time! Some of the topics in the CV/renal block include treatments for heart failure (or HF), angina (chest pain), endocarditis, anemia along with a little history behind the development of these drugs.

I don’t want to jinx anything by saying this, but I think I’ve begun to find my rhythm. I’ve found my coffee place, figured out where I would like to volunteer for the next few months after trying a few different places out and very importantly, I’ve found great friends!

More on the volunteering front, I’ve spent some time at the KIPP Leadership Primary School (KIPP stands for the Knowledge is Power Program, geared towards preparing children for college), and an ESL tutor (English as a Second Language Program is one of the volunteer opportunities under the Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans).

Glancing into November, my goals are to not fall behind on readings and to volunteer in more diverse places. For example, I’ll be volunteering at the Fete des Fromages next month as an assistant to Chef Alex Miles J

Till next month,
your friendly blogger,
Anushka


Comments

Popular Posts